Webinar: Basics of Importing into Canada
Pacific Customs Brokers is hosting a webinar on the Basics of Importing into Canada. If you are a novice or require some re-training in your Customs knowledge for shipments crossing internationally, then this 60 minute online event will be suited to you. Join us for an overview of the parties involved, H.S. tariff and classification, eligibility for NAFTA and other free trade agreements. Plus, we will walk you through the shipment process from the seller to the delivery destination. We will conclude the session by discussing the possible risks of non-compliance with Canada Border Services Agency and other government departments.
Mandy Watters, CCS
Certified Customs Specialist and the Customs Technical Trainer for Pacific Customs Brokers (Canada).
- Parties involved and their interaction
- Considerations prior to importing
- H.S. tariff and classification and its impact
- Free trade agreements and NAFTA
- Navigate through the Customs release process
- Administrative Monetary Penalty System
- Types of entries
- Review Customs documents and requirements
- Methods of valuation and why it’s critical
- Risks of non-compliance
- Q & A
Date and Time:
Thursday, September 11, 2014
10:00 am PDT (1:00 pm EDT)
Fee: The cost of the Basics of Importing into Canada webinar is $55 CAD plus tax.
How to Register:
Submit the completed registration via email or fax with your payment information to:
Trade Compliance Education Team
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
*24 hour cancellation notice is appreciated