PCB Customs Brokers and the Todd Holdings Group are seeking a Human Resources Assistant for our expanding Canadian & US operations.
Reporting to the HR Manager, you will mostly work out of our Surrey Head Office. You will be responsible for recruitment for a wide variety of roles, benefits administration, and other administrative duties. This is a great opportunity for a new entrant to the field to work with an established, locally-owned group of companies, under the direction of a veteran HR Manager.
- Possess a diploma or degree in the field of HR Management or at least 3+ HR-related courses at the post-secondary level;
- Have 1+ years of recruiting experience;
- Familiarity with provincially-regulated, non-union settings;
- Discretion, level-headedness, stress tolerance, patience, as well as ability to follow instructions;
- Ability to communicate with people aged 18-80 and communicate complex information to the layperson;
- Experience with the Dayforce platform is a definite asset
- Experience with employment/benefits in Ontario, Washington, and Kentucky a definite asset
- Preference given to applicant legally able to enter the USA
The HR Assistant must be an expert at juggling multiple, competing priorities within tight time frames, and working effectively with a diverse team.
- Recruitment (manage job postings, conduct initial applicant screen, conduct reference checks, coordinate and enter new hire paperwork);
- Conducting our corporate onboarding presentation for new hires and act as a point of contact for our employees across Canada and the USA;
- Coordination and tracking of completion of employee orientations, probationary period reviews and annual reviews;
- Tracking employee eligibility for benefits and enrolling onto programs;
- Keeping employee records and answering employee questions regarding benefits and routine matters
Important to note: This location requires reliable transportation. Public transport is NOT available.
Must be in Canada and eligible to work at the time of application. Candidates from outside Canada - including Express Entry- will not be considered.
If you are applying from another province in Canada, be sure to indicate your expected date of arrival in the Lower Mainland.