Learn the Fundamentals of Importing into the United States
Type: Online webinar series
Name: U.S. Importing for Beginners
Date: Wednesday, July 18, 2018
Time: 8:30 am - 9:30 am PT
Place: Online from any computer or mobile device
Presenter: Natalie Berry
Fee: $57 CAD plus GST (per attendee) *Discounted fee of $107 if combined with Canadian Importing for Beginners.
Are you new to importing into the U.S. and wondering what documents you need for U.S. Customs? This 60-minute webinar will provide you an efficient and easy to follow introduction to the importing process into the United States. We will cover a brief overview of how to accurately complete documentation, the parties involved in the supply chain, basic compliance considerations prior to importing, common entry types, free trade agreement eligibility, possible risks of non-compliance such as penalties and more.
- Parties involved
- Considerations prior to importing
- Tariff classification and its impact
- Free trade agreements
- The customs release process
- U.S. Customs bonds
- Entry types
- Documentation requirements
- Consequences of non-compliance
- What are the first steps of importing into the US?
- How to import into the US?
- How to export to the US?
- What documents do I need to import into the US?
- What do I need to know before importing into the US?
- What am I respondible for as the importer?
- What are the roles and responsibilities of all the parties involved?
Who Should Attend
Logistics staff of:
- Companies considering importing
- Companies recently started importing
- Companies importing with new staff
- Anyone involved in the import process
Have questions or comments about this course? Call 888.538.1566 or email us today.