Periodically CBSA updates their verification list to forewarn importers of changes in their targeting efforts. The two post-release verification process is completed through (1) random verifications and (2) verification priorities.
- Random Verifications measure compliance rates and revenue lost.
- Verification Priorities are determined by risk-based, evergreen processes.
New verification priorities and new subsequent rounds of verification include:
- Footwear ($30 or more per pair)
- Articles of Apparel and Clothing Accessories
- Parts for Use with Machinery of Chapter 84
- Tubes, Pipes and Hoses
- Mineral Waters and Aerated Waters
- Pebbles, Limestone and Granules
- Spent Fowl
- Safety Headgear
- Import Permit Numbers
If you are importing commodities covered on the Trade Compliance Verifications list, it is important to know CBSA may select your import for an audit. For you to be prepared, it is best to do a preliminary review or an internal audit to ensure you are compliant with CBSA. As well as, making sure your records are kept up-to-date incase CBSA requests them.
If you need assistance with a preliminary review, an internal audit or an actual audit, our Trade Advisory experts can provide you with consulting and advisory services.