The Canadian Automated Export Declaration (CAED) Program was launched by the Canada Border Services Agency on January 1, 1998, as a fast, inexpensive and easy way of reporting goods exported from Canada. The CAED application enables exporters or their agents (including service providers) to electronically report their goods directly to the Government of Canada thus eliminating the manual reporting process form (B13A). CAED is a great tool because it reduces your company's exposure to the Administrative Monetary Penalty System (AMPS).
About The CAED Application
The CAED application is free of charge and includes the following features:
- A Harmonized Commodity Description and Coding System (H.S.) classification search
- Built-in encryption
- Dialog boxes that remember input
- Extensive online help
- Online submission functionality
Update For Current Users Of The CAED Application
For those that are currently using CAED, the 2016 version of the Canadian Automated Export Declaration (CAED) program software will be available and ready for download when it is released on December 7, 2015. The 2015 version of CAED will expire on January 31, 2016, at which point only the 2016 version will be valid.
CAED participants should upgrade to the CAED program, 2016 version, by downloading the software along with the release notes from the main page of Canadian Automated Export Declaration (CAED).
Changes To "Place Of Exit" And Revised Port Names
The following offices will be eliminated from the "place of exit" field in the 2016 version of CAED:
- NB - Deer Island Point (208)
- NB - Grand Manan Airport (224)
The following offices will be added to the "place of exit" field in the 2016 version of CAED:
- NB - Bloomfield (200)
- NB - Fosterville (220)
- NB - Forest City (222)
- NB - River de Chute (226)
- QC - Herdman (302)
The following offices, shown with revised port names, will be added to the "place of exit" field in the 2016 version of CAED:
- AB - Calgary - Air Commercial (701)
- AB - Edmonton - International Airport (702)
- BC - Vancouver - Waterfront and Warehouse Operations (806)
- BC - Penticton - Airport (807)
- BC - Kamloops - Airport (814)
- BC - Prince George - Airport (820)
- BC - Kelowna - International Airport (831)
- BC - Sidney - Victoria International Airport (837)
- NS - Yarmouth - Ferry Terminal (025)
- NS - Halifax - Stanfield International Airport (026)
- ON - Cornwall Traffic Office (409)
- ON - Niagara Falls - Queenston Lewiston Bridge (427)
- ON - Sault Ste. Marie Bridge (441)
- ON - Fort Frances Bridge (478)
- ON - Toronto - Interport Sufferance Warehouse Ltd. (496)
- SK - Saskatoon - Commercial (605)
- YT - Dawson City Yukon River Landing (894)
When using the CAED program to report export goods to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), ensure that the declaration is fully completed, accurate and that a detailed description of all goods is provided. Doing so may prevent any unnecessary delays with your shipments.
For CAED information: Contact the CAED Helpdesk - Statistics Canada
- Tel. 1-800-257-2434 (toll-free calls within Canada)
- Tel. 613-951-6291 (charges apply for calls outside Canada)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Statistics Canada website
For more export reporting information, consult:
Alternatively, you may contact the CBSA Border Information Service (BIS).
New To The CAED Application
For those not yet registered, for you convenience, there is a software demonstration that can be found at the following link at Statistics Canada: Software demonstration.
Electronic Filing For B13A
Some steamship agents will no longer submit the export documentation as there is a push to get exporters to be use the Canadian Export Declaration System (CAED), and thus saving you the shipper/receiver to have to present the export documentation in person at the appropriate designated export office.
It is important to note that shipments that require permits, you can still submit electronically, however, you must submit a hard copy of the CAED (B13A), along with a hard copy of the export permit in person to the designated export office at the place of exit.