As of noon Tuesday, November 19th, CIFFA has been informed of the following update from CN.
- The Federal mediator is still involved in negotiations between the railway and the union and both will continue to negotiate today.
- In the meantime CN is unwinding the railroad and taking trains offline.
- There will be no new releases for manifest customers due to safety concerns.
- There will be no new trains loaded at origin.
- CN will be running limited operations where it can but is far from having a sufficient amount of managers to run the trains.
- CN is committed to minimizing the impact to customers.
- CN remains committed to constructive talks that will bring forth a fair deal.