Doing Business In The USA Seminar
Understand Your American Business Solutions, Immigration Options, Tax Structure, and Cross-border Opportunities
- Optimal structure for U.S. presence
- Cost-effective distribution channels
- Responsibility for federal and state tax
- What is considered “working” in the U.S.
- U.S. consumer purchasing behavior
- Canadian export requirements
- U.S. import compliance
- Available resources
Although most Canadian business owners inherently recognize the USA market offers some of the greatest economic opportunities in the world, they also know the prospect of doing business across the line can be a complex undertaking. That is why this seminar on how to conduct business in the USA will be an invaluable step for Canadian businesses looking to access American business solutions in the massive USA market.
Event Subjects Include:
How To Work In The U.S.: Solving The Immigration Puzzle
Presented by: Cascadia Cross-Border Law
- Visitor for business overview: B-1 definition and permissible activities
- Beyond the scope of the B-1: U.S. activities requiring formal work authorization
- Pitfalls to avoid
How To Manage U.S. Tax Exposure
Presented by: Moss Adams LLP
- U.S. income taxation of Canadian-based business arrangements
- Structuring a cross-border business for tax efficiency
- Planning for other U.S. taxes: state, sales, estate, etc.
How To Structure Your Business Presence
Presented by: Law Offices of Gene Moses P.S.
- Selecting your professional team of experts
- Legal entity structures available to Canadians
- Selecting your state of incorporation
How To Import Your Goods Into The U.S.
Presented by: Pacific Customs Brokers Inc.
- Responsibilities of the non-resident importer (NRI)
- Required documentation
- Packaging and marking considerations
How To Distribute Your Goods In The U.S.
Presented by: UCanTrade
- Warehousing, storage and distribution
- Transportations shipping
- Order processing fulfillment
- 400,000 people cross the Canada-U.S. border daily.
- Nearly 9 million USA jobs depend on trade and investment with Canada.
- Canada is the top export destination for 35 states.
- Canada is the number one supplier of crude oil, refined petroleum products, natural gas and electricity to the U.S. as well as a leading supplier of uranium.
- Canada is the State of Georgia’s number one customer.
(Statistics are from November 2016)
Please join our group of experts as they teach new exporters from all industry sectors the best practices of Doing Business in the USA. The estimated audience size of 50 will be comprised of small and medium sized businesses.
The Doing Business in the USA seminar group consists of experts who have assisted international-owned companies successfully navigate the U.S. market. The group services all industry sectors.
CASCADIA CROSS-BORDER LAW
Cascadia Cross-Border Law provides results-oriented representation in U.S. immigration matters to clients worldwide. Based in Bellingham, Washington, the firm has associated offices in Anchorage, Alaska and Vancouver, British Columbia. Its attorneys possess extensive experience in all aspects of United States immigration, including: non-immigrant visas and work authorizations, employment-based immigrant visas, family-based immigrant visas, visa processing in the U.S. and consulates abroad, waivers, naturalization and acquisition of U.S. citizenship, and loss of U.S. citizenship.
cascadia.com | 360-671-5945 | email@example.com
MOSS ADAMS LLP
Moss Adams LLP has been serving international clients for over 70 years and now works with more than 1,300 international businesses across many industries. We can help you make the most of your U.S. opportunities. Our experienced team of professionals will work with you to evaluate cross-border business structures, plan for multi-state activities, understand the complex U.S. tax and accounting rules, and develop business strategies for operating in the U.S.
mossadams.com | 360-676-1920 | firstname.lastname@example.org
LAW OFFICES OF GENE MOSES P.S.
The Law Office of Gene R. Moses P.S. is a Bellingham, Washington cross-border law firm, licensed by the Washington State Bar Association and the Law Society of British Columbia as a Foreign Legal Consultant; which, for forty years has specialized in the structuring, formation and registration of U.S. legal entities. The law firm serves as legal counsel to 450+ cross-border corporations doing business in the U.S.
genemoses.net | 360-676-7428 | email@example.com
UCanTrade, Inc. helps Canadian companies market and distribute profitably in the USA by providing a low-cost, fully equipped, fully staffed extension of your Canadian office in the nearby U.S. From our 20,000 sq. ft. facility in Ferndale, Washington, UCanTrade provides Canadian importers and exporters with USA Marketing Support Services; including USA business identity, warehousing, distribution, order processing, fulfillment, tradeshow support, and return/repair services.
ucantrade.com | 360-380-6900 | firstname.lastname@example.org
PACIFIC CUSTOMS BROKERS INC.
For over 60 years Pacific Customs Brokers has offered U.S. and Canadian customs brokerage, trade compliance consulting, international freight forwarding, trade compliance seminars and webinars, warehousing and distribution services to importers and exporters. Pacific Customs Brokers is always open with a 24/7 on-site reception team which has been trained to properly assess and redirect your calls appropriately for immediate action.
pcbusa.com | 360-332-8534 | email@example.com