With a new year comes a new calendar of educational events for you! Each year we release course content specific to trade issues we see regularly. Our hope is that these courses will offer basic awareness of regulations and guidance on how best to comply with them.
New to cross-border trade? Perhaps you are seeking additional training on the importation of commercial goods? Whether your team is in need of a refresher, or if a new team member needs to be brought up to speed on trade regulations, there is a course for that. Regular offerings include How-To basics such as importing into the US and Canada, Incoterms® and choosing the best one for a shipment, import regulations for commodities regulated by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA), produce/food and beverage, HS tariff classification, customs valuation and expanding sales to the US market.
Are you a professional designate? We’ve got your annual maintenance points here. Whether you’re a CCS, CES, MCS, CTCS, a legal, accounting, trade or logistics professional we’ve got your continuing education material. To check what each course will earn you, visit the Professional Development section of the course. Points/Credits are awarded by the Canadian Society of Customs Brokers (CSCB), NCBFAA Educational Institute (NEI) and other professional associations to maintain industry designations for the trade community.
What’s New For 2021?
This year we are introducing 3 new courses:
- Getting Produce and Plants into Canada
- Getting Food and Beverage into Canada
- Understanding CBSA’s CARM *coming soon*
If you have a topic you would like to see added, let us know!
Here you will find our upcoming calendar for the year. With the pandemic still very much a thing in our lives our in-class sessions remain suspended for the health and safety of everyone. Each session listed below is delivered in an online environment.
- Jan 14 & Nov 1 — How To Claim CUSMA/USMCA
- Feb 17 & Aug 18 — How To Choose The Best Incoterm
- Feb 19 & May 21 — Getting Your Produce & Plants Into Canada
- Feb 25 & Aug 25 — How To Value A Product For Customs
- Mar 10 & Nov 10 — Getting Your Food and Beverage Into Canada
- Mar 25 & Sep 8— How To Import CFIA Regulated Goods
- Mar 25 & Sep 8 — How To Import FDA Regulated Goods
- Apr 7 & Oct 5 — How To Import Into The US
- Apr 21 & Oct 14 — How To Import Into Canada
- May 26 & Nov 24 — How To Classify A Product
Presented In Partnership With
The experts behind the PCB Learning Center enjoy putting knowledge out in the world, therefore we take every opportunity to partner with other organizations to speak at industry events and panels. The events listed here may be hosted by us with guest panelists or hosted by an external party in which we are a proud guest speaker.
- Jan 19 — Export Navigator — Doing Business In The USA (Food/Agri)
- Feb 8, May 6, Aug 20 & Nov 19 — AmCham Pacific — Doing Business In The USA (DBUSA)