Doing Business In The USA Seminar
Seminar Offers Canadian Businesses - Guidelines For USA Sales, Shipping And Immigration
An elite group of international trade professionals (from Canada and U.S.) will provide practical guidelines to British Columbia entrepreneurs at an upcoming seminar entitled, Doing Business in the USA.
This one-day seminar is designed to give Canadian manufacturers, importers, distributors, agents and other business professionals the tools they need to easily expand their business interests across the border. Key topics include:
- Dealing with "border issues", such as U.S. travel and immigration planning, U.S. Customs clearance, business planning, taxation, currency exchange, and legal considerations.
- Understanding "logistics issues", such as establishing a USA business identity, warehousing, transportation, fulfillment, and handling of returned goods.
- Introduction to "importing" lower-cost goods into the USA that have been "outsourced" or purchased in Asia, Europe and elsewhere.
- Sales/marketing strategies, including market overview, sales/marketing fundamentals, lessons and pitfalls.
- Money, Money, Money!, a lively open forum (with guest "experts") to discuss various related topics of interest to the audience.
- Resource introductions, including the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service, which provides federal government programs and services at home and abroad.
The Doing Business in the USA Seminar has welcomed over 4,000 attendees at various locations in BC since 1997. The main motivation for attendance by BC entrepreneurs hasn't changed, namely the extra profit opportunity offered by a huge and affluent market of over 300 million buyers that is very receptive to foreign goods.
According to seminar organizer, Jim Pettinger, "Now is a great time for a Canadian company to invest in expansion to the USA. The strong Loonie will still buy 20 to 50 percent more marketing services in the still-depressed economy (e.g., tradeshows, travel, hotel rooms, advertising), but the U.S. economy has officially turned the corner and will soon return full force."
The Doing Business in the USA Seminar is targeted at three groups: (1) new exporters to the USA who need to know the basics, (2) new or inexperienced staff members of current exporters to the USA, and (3) professionals who advise the previous two. Plenty of time during the day is available for one-on-one and "round-table" meetings with the various resource people in attendance. For details and to register »
7 Excellent Reasons To Invest In Trade Compliance Education