Trade Compliance Education Program: 4 Fall Features
Pacific Customs Brokers is pleased to announce another season of trade compliance education. Our 2014 fall season is scheduled to run from September to November this year. Whether you are an importer or exporter trying to understand current trade regulations or planning your professional development this fall, we have some excellent seminars and webinars lined up to help you.
Four Fall Features:
One Event Every Week
We have a great lineup of trade compliance sessions this fall. For a complete list and to mark your calendars check out our fall schedule online.
Two Formats From Which To Choose
(i) Seminars And Workshops
At these in-person sessions, our experts share their knowledge on cross-border and international shipping. They will keep you current with Customs and other government department regulations. You will learn the best practices on being compliant as an importer and/or exporter, helping you expedite shipments rather than trigger costly delays. The benefits of attending a seminar or workshop in-person include:
- All day access - Get our experts to answer your questions one-on-one
- More session topics - Choose from a wider variety of seminar topics than webinar ones
- Certificate of Completion - Receive a certificate for each session you attend
- Case studies and real-life examples - Examine other attendees' trade compliance issues
- Networking - Connect with other like-minded professionals
- Handouts - Take home your own set of printed material
- Industry recognized sessions - Earn points towards maintenance of your industry designations
Our webinars celebrate their one-year anniversary this fall. Designed to meet the demands of the global trade community, our live and on-demand webinars are a convenient way for trade professionals to stay ahead of new regulations with international trade and gain additional knowledge in key areas. The benefits of attending an online event include:
- Global accessibility - Travel is removed from the equation for companies with multiple locations or branches
- Cost-effectiveness - Half the cost of attending one of our seminars
- Concise training - In a fast-paced industry, efficiency becomes just as important as staying compliant
- Convenience - Attend from the comfort of your desk
Three New Experts To The Team
We are excited to welcome a few new experts to our roster of presenters this season.
(i) Patti O’Malley, CCS, CTCS Patti has 30 years of experience in Canada-bound importations and holds both Certified Customs Specialist and Certified Trade Compliance Specialist designations. She is the Ocean Import Supervisor with Pacific Customs Brokers (Canada).
(ii) Breanna Leininger, LCB, CCS Breanna is a Licensed Customs Broker and Certified Customs Specialist with 10 years of experience in the import-export industry. She is a Trade Compliance Supervisor with Pacific Customs Brokers (USA).
(iii) Mandy Watters, CCS Mandy is a Certified Customs Specialist with 6 years of experience in the import-export industry. She is a Customs Technical Trainer with Pacific Customs Brokers (Canada).
Four Designations For Which You Can Earn Points
You can earn points towards maintenance of your industry designations by attending one of Pacific Customs Brokers' seminars or workshops. For approved sessions, view the 2014 Fall Trade Compliance Seminar Schedule.
(i) CSCB Approved Professional Development
Many of our Canadian and U.S. sessions continue to be recognized by the Canadian Society of Customs Brokers (CSCB) for points towards the maintenance of:
- Certified Customs Specialist (CCS)
- Certified Trade Compliance Specialist (CTCS)
(ii) NEI Continuing Education Credits
As of January 2014, the NCBFAA Educational Institute (NEI) has also recognized a number of our sessions and will award points towards the maintenance of:
- U.S. Certified Customs Specialist (CCS)
- Certified Export Specialist (CES)
Topics Offered This Fall:
- U.S. Customs Compliance
- U.S. Customs Audit
- Basics of Importing into the USA
- Part II. Importing into the USA
- Canadian Customs Compliance
- Canada Customs Audit
- Basics of Importing into Canada
- Part II. Importing into Canada
- H.S. Tariff and Classification
- Global Export
For more information or to register, visit the Trade Compliance Education section of our website. Be sure to subscribe to our weekly trade newsletter to receive the latest updates on our Trade Compliance Education Program.