Importing, exporting or transhipping consumer products and cosmetics for commercial purposes - summary guide
This guide provides general information to any person - an individual or an organization - that is involved in the import, export or transhipment of consumer products and cosmetics for commercial purposes.
It describes Health Canada's position about this subject within the context of the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act and the Food and Drugs Act and it may help you to understand your responsibilities with respect to products you move into and out of Canada for commercial purposes.
Who this guide is for
- Importers, exporters and transhippers of consumer products and cosmetics for commercial purposes
- Other regulated parties who are affected by the regulations
In this guide
About this document
- Policy objective
- What is importing or exporting for commercial purposes?
- Import into Canada: Importing requirements of consumer products or cosmetics into Canada for commercial purposes
- Export from Canada: Exporting consumer products or cosmetics from Canada for commercial purposes
- Tranship through Canada: Transhipping consumer products or cosmetics through Canada
- Guidance principles
- Roles and responsibilities
- Industry's role
- Consumer's role
- Contact us
- Health Canada's Consumer Product Safety Program
- Canada Borders Services Agency
Click here to see the entire article
Importing Cosmetics Into Canada
10 Easy Steps To Importing Into Canada For Entrepreneurs