Business is constantly changing but it's your reaction to those changes that is important to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA).
Your unique 4-digit assigned carrier code identifies you to the CBSA. It's very important to keep your account in good standing in order to prevent any delays at the border. The easiest way to do so is to communicate with the CBSA.
Some of the changes you need to communicate to the CBSA are:
- if your business is moving and a change of address applies
- if your business changes its name
- if you want to add/ remove a vehicle to/ from your fleet
- if you want to revise contact information
All of these updates can be done by calling, faxing or emailing the CBSA at:
- Telephone: 1-866-749-6623
- Fax: 613-957-9717
- E-mail: email@example.com
You must indicate the name of your business, your carrier code and specify the information you wish to update.
There are times that the CBSA will send out questionnaires that require your response. If you are in receipt of one of these questionnaires, do not ignore it. Respond promptly to ensure that your account is not deactivated.
A carrier in good standing with the CBSA will benefit by being able to provide efficient service to their customers.