TRUXPO 2014 | A Look Back And Draw Winner Announced
Industry Comes Together For Western Canada's Largest Commercial Trucking Show
TRUXPO 2014 decked the Tradex grounds in Abbotsford on September 19-20, last week. Event producers boast that the event was attended by over ten thousand visitors ranging from individuals and families alike. Western Canada's largest trucking and logistics show brought the industry together, attracting local, national and international exhibitors and visitors and showcasing the latest in commercial trucking, logistics and transportation equipment.
While most attendees stopped by the various exhibitors to size up the latest and greatest in trucks, trailers, and equipment, the focal point of the show was Optimus Prime - the amazing truck from Transformers 4 at the Western Star booth. Show goers and Transformers fans capitalized on the chance to get up close and personal with a real movie "star"!
For those of you who could not come out, highlights of the two-day event included:
- BCTA Sector Update Conference - the conference program was chock-full of informative and relevant industry information and attracted delegates from western trucking associations and their industry counterparts.
- Industry Luncheon - keynote speech by CFL legend Michael "Pinball" Clemons.
- Multi-cultural Events - Special entertainment and food, both ethnic and Canadian to celebrate Canada's diverse trucking industry.
- Recruiting Here feature - Drivers, mechanics and other related professionals met prospective new employers.
- Big Rig Show & Shine - An impressive grouping of both show and working trucks, all vying for honors in the Truck Beauty Pageant.
Once again, Pacific Customs Brokers was an exhibitor at this year's show. We answered highway carrier, cross-border or customs related questions. We showcased Border Pro for Carriers, our suite of services created to help carriers, truckers, drivers, dispatchers and self-carrying importers seamlessly clear customs. Our staff found it to be a great opportunity to mingle and network with industry partners.
Draw Winner Announced:
If you visited us at booth #672 and participated in our draw for a delicious dinner, you must be eagerly waiting to hear of the results. Congratulations to Ben Reimer from Reimer Brothers on winning the gift certificate to the fabulous Derby Bar and Grill. Thank you to all who stopped by our booth and participated in the draw.